Friday, May 30, 2008

Those hands

I finally have a moment to myself and am enjoying every moment that I sink more into this couch. It has been days on days of being surrounded by people, singing, waves and so many hours in my truck. Here in the solace of my grandmother’s living room I am almost lulled to sleep by the roar of the ac and the sound of my dad talking in the background. There are so many things that I want to share with you, so much truth. God has spoken so much. He has whispered, roared and embrace me with some of the most beautiful revelation.
He was here before beginning and will be here long after the curtain closes on this life, as we know it. He is God as Maker, Jesus as Image, and Breath as the Holy Ghost. He is the all-satisfying, unshakable God. In his hands he holds the power to create and to destroy, to build up and tear down, to heal and to strike dead. He is soul regenerating and sin pardoning… He is all you will ever need. I knew all of this a week ago but today this truth burns more violently than ever before. Why? … The hand that holds all the power, all the beauty, and all the mercy man has ever know was willingly laid on a cross and nailed there for my redemption. Those same hands picked up a cross that belonged to me. Those lips that could speak one word and silence the earth…stayed silent for my forgiveness and the redemption of all mankind. Though He was silent for the trail and crucifixion the sound of the whip still rings in my ear with a loud resounding assurance that by His stripes we are healed…the slap of the soldier still rings in the street for those of us who dare to believe that He was bruised for our transgressions and praise God that the clap of hammer and nail still ring in my soul as a reminder that there is liberty to the captive. Please hear me, quiet your soul…listen for the sound of your Savior… He may whisper or he may roar but find grace in this. He is closer than you know… so close.

No comments: