Monday, April 21, 2008

Don't loose the specificity of the Gospel in your un-satisfaction for "Church"

Be thou my portion for that which I am is fading fast into that which I dread:
Take me I’m dead:
Buried at the cross I died but not the dead in a coffin kind:
I gave it up:
I drank the cup:
I share in your grace cause you shared in my pain:
Doesn’t seem fair:
Why don’t they care:
I mean you poured out yourself like a tipped over pot you fell from the shelf:
By your own doing, by the choice you made:
Beautifully broken ransom paid:
So that I, that we, that her and him… could conquer death…yea laugh at sin:
Now I’m here this sinking boat:
We lie to ourselves and call her the church:
Supposed bride who lookes like a whore:
Taking whatever knocks at her door:
Every doctrine, every wind:
She’s blown away and trapped in Sin:
Giving herself to everything… can you imagine the Fathers pain:
So still it rings the calls the same:
Stand up, please stand up evoke some change:

The call is for you and I. Why in the world do we let the church tell us how church is suppose to go. Why do we sit in Sunday service and subject ourselves to worship the way every other person in the church is worshiping. Some of you love to stand and lift your hands in the presence of God, but when we are in class and He makes himself known, we sit, in Sunday service when no one else stands we sit, scared to worship the way we were made to. Maybe it’s not standing, maybe you’re a dancer or painter or writer or runner or a student… Why are you letting preachers, teachers, parents and classmates dictate how you worship? Why are we letting them beat us into a round hole when God has called us to be square pegs? Why are you not out there right now worshiping?

Leave!
Now!
Go and be the unique wonder God created you to be.
And breath every moment in like it's your last chance to worship.

No comments: