Saturday, April 12, 2008

To share the faith… is to die in place

I have a strong feeling that this will resound in the hearts of pretty much everyone that reads. I am at sometimes terrified to “witness”. You know? To go up to a perfect stranger and say hey Jesus loves you or hey if you die today are you going to heaven or hell. I am somewhat lost in what to say sometimes or what to do or even whom to talk to. I also have this problem with one on one communication… some of you know what I am talking about. Give me a stage and a guitar or a group to preach to and I’m all talk, but when it’s just me and one or two I clam up. Just one of my quirks I guess. The point of this isn’t my quirks but the urgency to share the gospel of Christ. What if today was someone’s last day and you’re the last one to pass them before they drove head first off a cliff? What if you had the opportunity to share the hope you have inside and you didn’t? I am writing with conviction knowing I pass up a million opportunities every day…See, we live in a culture that says we shouldn’t worry about it, you can always tell them tomorrow. I cry that you hear this! Tomorrow may never come and if it doesn’t then today will be what we stand before God with. What does that look like for you? Have you given him your day, your conversations, your affections, and if so have you shared with someone else that which he has done with it? Today is a day of questions I guess. I want to know why we are so reserved. Why in the world do we bottle up inside of us the most beautiful gift known to man. I want to challenge you and myself for the next five days to share the gospel once a day at least once. Pray and I will pray with you that God opens the door for you to share his love. Paul says this… “I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ for it is the power of God to salvation… to whomever believes”, before that Jesus said “if you deny me before men I will deny you before my father in heaven”. I have to stop here and say this. That freaks me out. How often do we deny Jesus by sitting through that movie filled with perversion, listening in on that joke, or running back to the same sin day after day? I know those things are easy to write off like this…”well everybody watches it… we love each other… it only has one nude scene… I only do ______ occasionally…God is love and full of grace he will forgive me” All of those may be and are probably true (the bold is entirely true) but in reality every time we give in and fall into sin, whether we say it or not we deny that we believe the Grace and Love of God is big enough to keep us from that particular sin. Dc talk once said this “ the greatest single cause of atheism in the world today is Christians, who acknowledge Jesus with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him with their lifestyle. That’s what an unbelieving world find unbelieving”. Wow, I definitely did not intend on going there but here we are, so take it as you will. Share your faith but by all means keep your mouth shut if you don’t live it. I write because I love you and want to see heaven full.

No comments: