Wednesday, April 9, 2008

I hope that by the end of this you are utterly offended and quite ticked off, so much so that you ask God if I’m right. I’m not writing this for the sole purpose of offending… I just hope it does. I hope that you are so mad that you want to track me down and punch me in the face. I truly believe that’s what it is going to take to make some of you see that we are the lamest most stereotypical Christian’s… Ever. Today I watched a guy named Paul Washer and he reminded me of sermons I preached with urgency and passion months ago... To be honest the last few months or even year my life has lacked in the passion and fire area. I won’t blame it on the church completely but man do they have a steak in the storm that God is bringing me through. I am completely convinced that half or more of the southern Baptist community is headed straight to hell… and Pentecostal, Methodist, Presbyterian, Catholic and anyone who claims Christ and acts the opposite of their profession. I am arguing if there is no change in your life or the lives of those who call themselves Christians then there is no Jesus. No matter if there has been a prayer prayed or a church membership signed. There is an urgent need for the understanding of salvation to be proclaimed in my generation and I pray God forgives me for my dormant quietness over the past few months. Listen, if you can get along with the world and watch their movies, listen to their music and thrive in their culture then there is a problem. I know what your thinking and right now you want to say something like this (Tj, Jesus hung out with the sinner’s man… I mean they were prostitutes and drunks, murderers and rapist… he ate with tax collectors and the outcast.) I agree, Jesus loved on and hung out with the dirtiest of dirty, but my friend listen, they did not stay that way. After being in the presence of Jesus and following him they were radically transformed. They started talking like Jesus, walking with Jesus and several of them died like Jesus. They became preachers, teachers and servants to the body of Christ. They sold all that they have so that the name of Jesus could be lifted high, so that all of mankind could see that he was worth losing everything, but not to us, not the average American Christian.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

All I can say is........









Amen!
In Christ,
Bridgette

Andy Blankenship said...

Amen! Im glad you listened to some Washer. That guys says it like it is and many times he never gets asked back. I will be putting a link to your blog on my blog. Check mine out; there is a really cool tool on there to show people the books you are reading and the books you like. Love you bro.